Most Popular

A Running Guide for the Overweight Runner

There is a man that runs around my town all of the time carrying himself with no evidence of being tired. You may see him out at the park r...

4.04.2010

Workout Nicknames! What's Yours? & other info.

Easter!

It was a great day today. Church went really well and following that, my wife and I played host to Easter Dinner with my family. My wife worked really hard, along with my mother, to make lots of good food! I probably ate too much but will accept that and move on. I'm sorry that I have not been on in a couple days but I have just been super busy over this break. Isn't that the way that it happens - you get a break only to be the busiest.

Stoppers.

On Friday night my stomach wasn't feeling the best and it required me to take one of those little pills that stop the...never-mind. I'll just stick with my stomach was not feeling well and after one of those pills is taken - I automatically feel uncomfortable that I'm bloated. Even if I didn't eat too much today, I still feel like I did.

Houses.

As previously mentioned in a different post - my wife and I are moving from where we are currently at come early Summer. We are getting pretty excited about this move and have begun looking at some houses. Tomorrow we will be looking at a fixer-upper for a second time; this time with a closer eye to all dislikes, likes, defects, and possibilities. It would be nice to have something prepared and ready before it comes time to move. Wish us luck.

Push-UPS and Ankles

I have been doing push-ups as another form of working out this month. I have a goal of hitting 1010 push-ups during the month of APRIL. My ankle is feeling much better and will begin soon a treadmill workout to my new regime but will continue to do these exhausting simple exercises.
I am at 120 for the month and have 40 more to do tonight. As you can tell by the mile tracker on the right side of the site - I have been able to produce some better mile numbers through walking. It is great to be getting back to normal.

That's my weekend in a nutshell. I have missed all of you and I can only imagine that my google reader is in the hundreds now. I am back. I am ready. I am a machine.

If you could give yourself one Workout Nickname -- what would it be?

I have been called:


Animal (by you all)
Beast
(by you all)


14 comments:

Jeremy Logsdon said...

Good luck on the house search. Both exciting and frustrating. :)

As far as my workout nickname... never really gave myself one, but I think I may need to now... Maybe Destructor.

Okay, that makes me sound like a transformer or character from He-Man.

Unknown said...

Glad your ankles are doing good.

Sometimes, we just have those body flux days where you feel bloated. Women talk about it a lot, but guys get it too. I know I do from time to time.

You're doing great not allowing the injury to keep you down. And the push-ups are coming right along! 160 in 4 days is great, keep it up!

WWSuzi said...

That's an awesome goal with the push-ups!
Hope you find a house soon.
I don't really have a nickname but i do love listening to Iron man while i'm working out :)

Christine said...

My husband calls me 'the badger' lol.
But that isn't for my workouts..but I think it's appropriate..once I grab on to an idea I don't let it go.

Jess said...

You ARE a beast.

I think everyone I know calls me Jess. Jessica is too...weird.

mcluvin said...

Dude, a workout nickname- how awesome is that! I've got to get one haha.

And 100 pushups? Go for it! It's one of those goals I can't even imagine myself reaching lol so I will leave vicariously though you and your pushups!

Kat said...

I am glad your ankle is healing and it sounds like you have had a good break. My husband calls me a CMF. The c stands for committed...:-) He intends it as enpowering and it is. On the days where my motivation is lagging her reminds me how committed I am. Good luck with the house-that is exciting!

karen said...

I just found you by way of Half of Jess and can already tell I'm going to like it here!

As for a workout nickname? Hmmm ... maybe "Slug" since that's about how active I've been. That'll change, though :)

Miz said...

hmmm

focused mcdonttalktomethisismyonlymetime mcgee?

-J.D. Humenay said...

I think my parents gave me the ultimate nick-name, which is totally fitting, without even realizing it.

I was named after the Bionic Woman. :) ;)

Andrew is getting fit said...

I think I'll choose Mr Consistent!

Tara said...

I'd call myself "Lois Lane" cause my trainer's name is Kent and I secretly call him Superman.

Debbie said...

I am glad your ankle is doing better. I know how you feel, I get to start walking tomorrow. My knee is better.
As for a workout nickname, right now I do not have one. Hey ask this question again in a couple of months when I have reach another goal. Oh yes thank you for your comment on what happen to me at Kroger..

Shannon said...

You are a machine...very inspiring

I would call myself WINGS, because Sugar Free Red Bull gives me wings for my 5:30 am runs.

My friends call me Biggsy, no special reason, but is works.