Most Popular

A Running Guide for the Overweight Runner

There is a man that runs around my town all of the time carrying himself with no evidence of being tired. You may see him out at the park r...

4.08.2011

So, as you know - my life will be completely different come November. It seems as if it is already so much different with all the planning and such. Carol and I started out this year attempting to simplify our lifestyle and to put ourselves In the best financial position we could to save money and make our dollar go the longest way it can. We've nearly cut our monthly expenses by 300 dollars/month by doing that. It's been a trial and error but we are still on track to cut it more. We know the baby will cost quite a bit but that was one of the reasons in cutting so much extra - things work out in time.

While my focus has been on that - it has not been so much on losing weight. I have gained about 5 lbs. I have a goal of hitting my ideal weight by november. That is 20-25 lbs to lose. Plenty of time to do it, I just have to do it. I'm gonna start posting my weight again for the accountability - I rely on you to help and encourage... Please keep it coming.

That is all! Thanks bloggers!

5 comments:

MargieAnne said...

Congratulations to the expectant um and Dad.

25 pounds.... you'll get rid of it in no time. Just focus and the dollars will stay right too.

Blessings.

PS I wish I could get my finances down to $300 pm. Gas alone costs us $150 or more although this month we are really trying hard to keep it under. We live rural otherwise I'd be tempted to ditch the car altogether.

More Blessings. *smiles*

MargieAnne said...

Sorry about the typo. I guess you know I meant congratulations to Mum and Dad.

More Blessings.

Seth said...

MargieAnne - we cut them down by 300/mo - not to 300/mo -- I wish it was that way! Thanks for the congrats too!!!

Stronger.Faster. said...

Hey Seth,

One quick tip, unless you are getting an amazing deal - dont buy anything until after showers and its way closer to her due date. Its super hard, because baby stuff is fun (k for me it is) but its surprising how much stuff babies DONT need and people just say that they do. I got so much stuff as gifts, I had to return over half of it and was able to put that toward a needed big purchase. The only thing we bought for our boy was part of his cloth diapering system.

SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!

deisegal said...

Something like that can really focus your mind when it comes to finances! It's also not surprising that you've had a little bit of "weight creep" but you're really aware of it so you can stop the gain in its tracks. It can be so easy to just let things slide when it comes to weight. It goes on so sneakily!!